PBIS Rewards does not sell 2-D scanners, but schools do use scanners with PBIS Rewards.
The Zebra Symbol DS4208-SR Handheld 2D Omnidirectional Barcode Scanner/Imager with USB Cable scanner has been used by some of our schools. You can use a scanner to register students for events or sell items in the store.
NOTE: The scanner can be used on the web portal in any student search box including registering students for an event, entering students in a raffle or rewarding students on the main page.
What does it look like to use the scanner for a store?
- Navigate to the appropriate store from main menu.
- On the Web Portal, you will select the items to be purchased.
- Press the “Checkout” button.
- Scan the student ID to input the ID number. The system will search and select the student automatically.
- Mark the item Redeem Now or Redeem Later.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the selected items and then.
- Select the “Purchase Items” button.
The points will be deducted from the student’s account. The store screen will reload so that you are ready to check out the next student.