The PBIS Rewards SEL Check feature allows staff members or students to check and track the Social and Emotional state of students in order to help students recognize and manage their emotions.
SEL Check from the Web Portal:
A staff member can view and record SEL checks for the students that they have in a group/class.
- Navigate to a group.
- Select all students or individual students.
- Press the “SEL Check” button and choose to view SEL checks or to submit SEL checks.
- If you choose to view SEL checks you can see some details concerning the students selected.
- Use the arrows next to the column name to sort the data.
- Select the student’s name to see all of that student’s SEL Checks from the student dashboard, if the appropriate permissions are activated.
- Click the “SEL Guide” button to view/print the SEL Check definitions.
- The “Check Now” button will allow staff to submit a SEL Check for that student.
A staff member can record an SEL check for any student in the school from the “Reward” page.
- Search and select a student.
- From the student card select the blue highlighted SEL Status.
- On the view screen, press the “Check Now” button to submit a SEL Check.
- From the SEL Check Submissions window, choose the appropriate status based on a conversation with the student.
- Enter a comment if applicable.
- Use the “Submit” button to finalize the SEL Check.
SEL Check from the Staff App:
Staff members can see their student’s last SEL check and submit a status directly from the groups page of the staff app.
- Select the emoji or blue link to open up the view status page.
- On the view status page you can see past SEL Checks or view the SEL Guide.
- Press the “New SEL Status” button to set a new SEL status.
- Choose the appropriate status.
- Add a comment if applicable.
- Select the “Confirm SEL Status” button to finalize the status.
Staff members can view and submit any student’s SEL status by using the “Check Student” button on the reward page of the staff app.